[haiku-development] Re: Fixate blocks in cache block

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:18:00 +0000

Hi,

is it a reasonable implementation to use the block cache to store altered
blocks notified in the journal without actually writing them? I'm thinking
about getting write access to the overwritten blocks when the journal replays
the log in read only mode, and then discard everything when the file system is
unmounted. I guess it would be easier to ignore block transactions right now,
unless it's impossible to give external read access while I maintain write
access. How many blocks does the block cache normally store? I assume it would
be a nice idea to warn when more than a certain threshold of the cache is used?

It would probably be more efficient if there were a block remapping scheme.
Does the block cache support any kind of block triggers? Would it be possible
to implement something like that (maybe in the future)?

Thanks,

Janito