[haiku-development] Re: EFI

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 12:45:08 +1000

On a MacBookPro, with 2 partitions, here are the dumps:

http://www.users.on.net/zenja/mbpdump_raw<http://www.users.on.net/zenja/haiku/mbpdump_raw>
http://www.users.on.net/zenja/mbpdump_partition1<http://www.users.on.net/zenja/haiku/mbpdump_>

The first file was created using: sudo dd count=128 if=/dev/disk0
of=~/mbpdump_raw
The second file was created using: sudo dd count=128 if=/dev/disk0s1
of=~/mbpdump_partition1

Both executed from OSX 10.4

BTW With bootcamp 1.3, a BIOS image is accessable from the EFI, allowing
non-EFI compliant OS's to boot.  For instance, if you insert the Zeta
1.2CD-ROM, you can almost get as far as the desktop before it locks up
(probably due to dual core CPU - I need to attach an external USB keyboard
to the laptop to get access to the safe mode settings with Zeta).

Good luck.

On 6/7/07, Axel Dörfler < axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If someone would put the first 64k of his EFI disk zipped to an
enhancement ticket, I might look into writing it; at least it looks
fairly easy.

Bye,
   Axel.