[haiku-development] Re: Creating a mime type

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:50:57 +0100

Hi,

> creating a mime type in the Filetypes preflet creates a file in
> ~/config/settings/beos_mime. I copied that file to another Haiku
> installation, all file attributes preserved, but the second machine
> didn't recognize the mime type. How can I transfer a mime type across
> machines, or create one from the console?

Maybe it would have worked after a reboot? The registrar maintains an internal
mapping, which currently probably doesn't use node monitoring, since all
changes to the database via the MIME API goes through the registrar.

I don't know of any other way to copy a MIME database entry across Haiku
installations.

Best regards,
-Stephan