[haiku-development] Re: Coverity scans updated to hrev45379

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:53:46 -0700

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It apparently reenabled bugs that were already marked as false positive,
>>> such as 991758 -- that's pretty annoying.
>
> Indeed...

In that particular example, I think Coverity is confused because the
function signature has changed for the 64bit build. I'm not sure we
can prevent that from "breaking" Coverity's intelligent "linking" of
issues across scans :(

Looking at other scenarios, I see the same type of potential issue.

Should we simply avoid the 64bit streams for now? I will ask Coverity
if there's a way to prevent this or not.

- Urias