[haiku-development] Composite Perf Test #3 - final test!

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 01:34:59 -0500

Howdy *...

For all ye who care (seems at least a few do), I have the last bit of performance-related compositing test-code to try out on a few different machines (preferably on real hardware).

This test is far more intense than before. 14 threads are active, 11 render threads, 1 control thread, 1 window thread, and I can't remember what the other one was... it wasn't 13 threads though, I promise ;-)

Anyway, the 11 render threads come and go each and every cycle, with a priority of 1 - just above idle. Meaning even moving the mouse will cause at least one to pause. All the threads must complete before a frame is drawn - no exceptions. So the whole test basically ceases until you stop mucking about...

Anyway, scroll to the bottom: And please let me know your scores & hardware!

http://looncraz.txnj.net/compositing/

Thanks!

--The loon