[haiku-development] Common Accelerant Mode List

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:37:16 -0400

Hello,

The default mode list in the Common Accelerant contains three 640x480 entries with a refresh rate of 60 Hz. Although these three entries were also in the BeOS sample driver, I'm wondering why there are three of them when only the first one seems to work correctly. There is code in the S3 driver to exclude the second and third entries, since they cause the display to be shifted down and to the right such that the auto-adjust on my LCD monitor (1280x1024 Samsung 710N) will not recenter the display. The same thing occurs with the Rage128 chips supported by the ATI driver that I'm working on.

Consequently, I think we should remove the second and third entries for 640x480@60Hz, and keep only the first one which has a pixel clock of 25175.

Best regards,
Gerald