[haiku-development] Changing ByteOrder.h

  • From: Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 21:26:42 +1200

Hi,

In ticket #10800, initially I thought problems with the byteswap
implementations was related to calling conventions, however, digging
deeper and after some clarification by tqh, it's obviously not the
case.

It was also suggested to use GCC builtins to replace the existing
byteswap functions, and I have the beginnings of a patch:
https://dev.haiku-os.org/attachment/ticket/10800/0001-Replace-arch-dependent-integer-byteswap-routines-wit.patch

Is this the right place to do this? Is it sufficient to assume this
will be okay on all our platforms, or do we still want the builtins
abstracted? If so, can that be done without losing the ability to
inline them?

Cheers,
Jessica