[haiku-development] Re: CUPS Port Direction

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:51:07 +0200

Hi,

Rene Gollent wrote:
> I don't think people will be all that interested in writing printer
> drivers until they have something usable that they'd actually want to
> print from :) There isn't exactly much in the way of non-OS-related
> development going on for Haiku in general at this point.

That is a good point indeed. To be honest, I have come to be quite
disappointed by OpenOffice the more I use it. I absolutely realize how much
work and what kind of variaty of features is required to produce something
useable by a decent amount of people. Maybe AbiWord has more potential.
Maybe something TeX based is the best option, I don't know. But the lack of
a decent word processor is quite obvious and will become ever more of a
problem once Haiku is reliable to use.

Best regards,
-Stephan