[haiku-development] CIFS implementation

  • From: Denis Papin <ddcrespe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:34:43 +0100

Hi,

I've already wrote a message about this under "Samba on Haiku" but I think
"CIFS implementation" is more appropriate.
So sorry about the mess. Let's group the discussions under this thread now.

I would like to know what the big picture of the situation is for a CIFS client
on Haiku.

I read many messages about it but it seems that all the student failed
implementing it.

I saw (and tried) the samba 3.5.5 from haikuware.ru and it worked (despite I
did not found smbmount, there is a smbclient).
But their web site is all in russian and even with google translation I did not
find neither the source code nor a contact form to request it.

So, what would be the best approach to implement a CIFS client for Haiku ?

Thank you,
Denis.