[haiku-development] Re: Building Haiku from Haiku

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:04:40 -0300

The included jam is not able to handle the command line sizes generated by the build system. You have to compile jam yourself and change the limit so it would work. I am not at home nor do I have access to any machine with Haiku right now to check what exactly must be changed, but it is just a define in jam.h (changing it from 4000 something to 16000 something is enough).

-Bruno

Salvatore Benedetto escreveu:
Hi there,

perhaps I'm missing something, but beside checking out the haiku source tree and
running a simple ./configure with not options, what else do I need to
start a jam haiku-image
in haiku?

Gcc, bison and flex are already installed, and sure I don't need
cross-compilers.
What am I missing?

Regards,