[haiku-development] Re: Building Haiku Dev Tools with jam

  • From: Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:09:27 +0100

I've noticed the gcc2-compiled nightly build runs unbearably slow on VMWare Fusion when doing anything I/O intensive (such as an svn checkout).

I removed the generic_ide_pci driver and even went so far as to try the old "IDE Replacement Driver" from BeBits but to no avail.

I shall try VirtualBox to see if it fares any better.

Cheers,
Nik

On 26 Aug 2009, at 10:02, Axel Dörfler wrote:

Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeh that happens with the GCC4 vmware images -- I only noticed when I
was trying them out on the weekend. Seems it's always been that way
but no one has noticed or mentioned it ;)

I've definitely noticed and said somewhere, but the same image works
fine in VirtualBox, anyway.

Bye,
  Axel.