[haiku-development] Re: Breaking down wireless stack in tasks

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:28:31 +0100

2009/1/21 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Basically,-- there should be adapter agnostic wireless configurations,
> and the net_server will then try them (if configured to do so) one by
> one (starting with the strongest), until it found a suitable one.
> The NetworkStatus should be extended to make that info available, as
> well as to show all networks in range.
> When a wireless network is being configured, the networking stack
> should try the different options itself (unless instructed otherwise),
> instead of assuming the user would know the difference between WPA,
> WEP, TKIP and whatever else.

Pretty much as I understand it then. I want to do a stub 'scanning'
driver first to explore the
communication with netserver. I need to understand the details of the
netserver <-> driver communication better and netsercer <->
NetworkStatus. You don't happen to have any good docs? :)

I havn't really looked closely at those parts yet, I just wanted some
confirmation it was the right direction to go.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH