[haiku-development] Re: Bluetooth kernel modules location?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:50:15 +0100 CET

"Oliver Ruiz Dorantes" <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Almost all bluetooth kernel modules are derived of the network
> ones(net_protocol, net_device), so ATM they live with the network
> stack.
>
> But I need to commit a new kernel module that provides services to
> all the
> stack, with its own interface.
>
> ATM is being located in generic just because I could not find a
> suitable
> path.
>
> Obviously while the stack grows until its completition, there will be
> more
> kernel modules in the same condition.
>
> Therefore I request you for candidate paths for this kind of modules,
> or if
> it is just fine to create a:
>
> add-ons/kernel/bluetooth
>
> For placing them.

Fine by me, although busses/bluetooth wouldn't too bad, depending on
what kind of stuff you plan to put there. "generic" doesn't fit well,
since it's actually not generic - it's bluetooth specific - maybe a
bluetooth directory in the generic folder would do it, too.
But anyway, that's not really the hard part of the implementation, and
can even easily be changed later :-)

Bye,
   Axel.