[haiku-development] Bluetooth and HID

  • From: X512 <danger_mail@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 21:00:49 +1100

I have x86 based Acer W500 tablet PC and try to use Haiku on it. One of most important problem is impossibility of using Bluetooth keyboard. Without keyboard it's hard to do something useful. Onscreen keyboard is also missing. Keymap preflet can be used as onscreen keyboard, but it can input only to specific field. To input in another window it's required to drag buttons to that window (that's very funny but not so useful) or copy-paste text from sample input field.

So it will be nice to have Bluetooth support. Any progress had been made in this subject? Is it so hard to implement it myself? Unfortunately I don't understand Bluetooth stack architecture and it's Haiku implementation, so I don't know what to do. As I understand it's required to redirect byte stream from Bluetooth (how to get it?) to HID driver. Currently HID driver is hard-coded to USB and make it more general can require reorganization.

Can anybody explain how Haiku Bluetooth stack works and how to transmit/receive data through it, please?