[haiku-development] BView::ConstrainClippingRegion()

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:56:23 +0200

Hi guys,

I've thought of, or rather needed, a change in our app_server behaviour
with regards to BView::ConstrainClippingRegion(). I've confirmed that the
Dano app_server behaves this way (as our app_server right now): If you call
this function outside of Draw(), it's a permanent change to the current
view state and any drawing you do in Draw will be clipped accordingly. You
can undo it by calling ConstrainClippingRegion(NULL). The behaviour I want
to change is with regards to app_server painting the background *before*
BView::Draw() is being called. The Dano app_server completely ignores the
user clipping when painting the background, be it either solid color or a
view bitmap. I have a situation where it's useful that the app_server
limits the background drawing to the current user clipping. Should I regard
the BeOS behaviour as an oversight and change it? Or can any of you think
of unwanted side effects? So far, I have not seen any, but I didn't run a
lot of different apps.

Best regards,
-Stephan