[haiku-development] Re: BGLView changes

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 13:42:53 +0200

stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

>> I'm not familiar enough with OpenGL to see if there are issues related
>> with exposing a BBitmap buffer from the addon, though (in case there
>> are situations where you don't render into a backbuffer, I dunno).
>> Obviously, this is not really a direct mode, since we still render
>> into a back buffer, but it's what we are doing right now, anyway.
>> I've still a small issue with FrameResized, but I think I can fix it.
>> What do you think about these changes ? Shall I go ahead and work on
>> it?
>>

> The idea is that OpenGL should be accelerated, in that case all the
drawing should occur on the graphics hardware side. It may even be done
without rendering to any kind of buffer at all.

Thanks for the explanation.
Does that mean that the clipping is done by the client who wants to draw on
the screen?
Oh, please note that direct drawing as it is now is unusable, so we still
have to find some way to fix the mentioned tickets.