[haiku-development] Re: BAlert focus indication

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:46:29 +0000

Axel Dörfler wrote:
"Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At first I get stumped, since there's no window with a yellow tab, and with a few apps on top of each other its not so easy to immediatly spot which one has focus. The borders of the BAlert aren't as effective focus indication as they were on screens the size of 800x600.

I don't think I would mind a yellow tab on the BAlerts. Just a suggestion.

I agree on the problem itself, but a yellow tab wouldn't work, as we can't just assume that every app has chosen a useful title for their BAlerts. Instead, I would prefer if the focus is shown otherwise, at least it would be nice if it would be more noticeable than it is now.

Yup - a few pixels-thick yellow border should do the trick, and fit in with normal windows' focus colouring.

It'd be nice to grey out bits of the screen inaccessible due to a modal dialog (either an app or the entire system), but that's probably a feature for a 3D accelerated app-server :)

Simon

Bye,
   Axel