[haiku-development] Re: Aw: Re: Re: Call for release manager for next release

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:08:41 +0100

> In #10155 (marked as duplicate of #10043) I tested hrev46255 which worked
> and hrev46263 through hrev46296 which did not work.
> Korli's patch applied in hrev46261 as a revert of hrev46154 was meant to
> fix USB CD/DVD media change detection
> and is the one that broke booting off the SD card for me.
> So ATM there's a choice of a broken "USB CD/DVD media change detection" or
> a broken "SD card booting".

It's more finegrained than that. I have an external SD card reader that works
fine (with and without the changes), and the internal one worked for a short
time when Korli's changes where in.

The new patch on the ticket is looking for testers. It is not the same as
what was applied then reverted, and should get things working for everyone.
If you can build Haiku yourself, please apply the patch and see how it goes
with all USB devices you can throw at it.

--
Adrien.