[haiku-development] Re: Atheros driver

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:02:31 +0100

Hi
Eddy Derick schrieb:
Hello,

Now that my GS45 graphics accelerator is working fine (thanks to Brecht's driver update), I am trying to get an internet connection. Unfortunately my WiFi chipset is a Broadcom and my Atheros Ethernet chipset is not yet supported by Haiku.
I think I can help you in getting your Atheros Ethernet chipset working at least, if you are willing to compile it yourself. You would need to checkout the source from http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/haiku-wifi/repository/show/trunk/wifi/drivers/atheros813x. This is the driver from a FreeBSD 8 beta release and that is why it isn't in Haikus repo yet.
This ethernet driver works fine with my EeePC 1005 HA.
Does Haiku Inc have any relationship with private companies such as Atheros to get datasheet of their product and develop drivers for ?

Regards,

Eddy
ps:my Atheros Ethernet chipset is an AR8132/L1c Gigabit Ethernet adapter (VendorId:1969, Device Id: 1062)

-Colin