[haiku-development] Any suggestions about when and where we should call BMediaEncoder

  • From: chico CHEN <chillycreator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:59:28 +0800

Hi,
   BMediaDecoder is decodering the data of video or audio, and convert them
to frames or chunks, and  then put them into buffer. But I don't clearly
know where and when to use BMediaEncoder. If we add this feature in
MediaKit, developers will easily convert buffer data to  whatever kind of
audio or video. Or users save some video as audio, and then the format of
the file will be changed. Do you have some ideas about where and when to use
it?
-chico