[haiku-development] Re: Allow BRoster to watch only some signature

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:22:59 +0200

> Am 31.03.2015 um 16:14 schrieb Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Am 30/03/2015 um 16:45 schrieb Dario Casalinuovo:
>> Hello, i'm referring to the changes i proposed in #11922, is there any
>> reason (that i can't see) for having the roster send obligatorily
>> notifications for all apps running?
>
> I wondered what you were talking about. But I guess you were just mixing up
> ports with application loopers (the latter get the broadcasts, and only
> accept messages).

If I understand correctly, Dario is proposing to introduce another type of
launched/stopped notification in which the client can ask the registrar that it
is interested only in certain signatures. Currently, you can only ask for
notifications on /any/ starting or stopping team. And the registrar has to send
these notifications, even if the client is actually only interested in one or
two signatures and ignores the other notifications. It’s wasteful that the
registrar had to send them in the first place (via ports, IIUC).

Best regards,
-Stephan