[haiku-development] Re: Adding a mime-type for WonderBrush files?

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:22:32 +0200

Hallo Stefan,

Stephan Aßmus писал 01.08.2012 10:31:
However, I think there is something broken about all this. Just the
presence of the WonderBrush executable, or any other app for that
matter, should declare the supported file types to the system and make
double clicking work out of the box. At least as soon as the mime
sniffer has seen the executable file. That's because apps are also
supposed to declare their supported file types in their resources and
the mime sniffer is supposed to extract the information.

AFAIR current version of resource format doesn't allow to describe complete info for supported mime types - only the list of mimetype names. But I found you idea about automatic extraction of this info nice. May be we should just extend the resource format? BTW, the typical way in BeOS was to call setmime tool to register all supported mime types during installation.

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski