[haiku-development] Re: Adding RepliShow as demo?

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:18:21 -0400

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> -- Axel Dörfler, on Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:30:55 +0200:
> > I like Matt's suggestion.
>
> OK, "OverlayImage" it is. I just commited the code with r37222.
>
> > BTW, a pretty intuitive alternative to this app would be to add
> > replicant capability to ShowImage.
>
> I think Stippi is working on ShowImage at the moment on and off. Maybe
> he'd like to consider it.
>
> > > BTW, the
> > > article is a html file in the original archive. Should that html be
> > > copied into src/apps/replishow/ ?
> >
> > I don't see any need for this; I would just add a link as a comment
> > in
> > the sources.
>
> Done.
>
> Regards,
> Humdinger
>
> --
> --=-=--=-=--=-=--=-=--=-=--=-=--=-=--=-=--=-=--=-
> Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de

I added the OverlayImage app to my build and tried it out and it worked
great. However, the UI is a bit confusing at first. I suggest you write
something like "drag image here" on the default window when you first open
the application to let the user know what they are suppose to do. I see that
a tooltip pops up when you hover over the window and that gives some
directions. But, I think it would be more clear if you added some directions
directly on to the initial window.

Oh, and it would be nice if there was an optional package too.

Thanks for adding this great app.

John Scipione