[haiku-development] Re: Accessing the Mail API from scripts

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 23:28:38 -0500

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Jerry <jquill81@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if libcharlemagne, once completed, will include
> bindings for Mail?

Maybe. It depends on what sort of API resides in Mail, if any. I don't
know the code myself, but one would hope or expect that the mail
sending and receiving parts were extracted out into proper classes. If
that is the case they could be exposed. But then we have the issue of
exposing an API which would then have to be maintained for backwards
compatibility. So it is a tricky issue.

I asked Jon Yoder, aka DarkWyrm, to put libcharlemagne on GitHub since
I have an interest in using it to make Ruby bindings for Haiku Kits,
but I haven't had any time to work on it yet. If anyone else is
interested:

https://github.com/darkwyrm/libcharlemagne

--
Regards,