[haiku-development] Re: A question about PXE

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 08:55:48 +0800

On 2009-10-31 at 05:36:42 [+0800], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In the notes I've gathered for building PXE, i ran into some
> > confusion.
> > Basically, I'm trying to figure out what needs to be built and how,
> > so
> > that it can be monitored in BOM.
> >
> > Are 1. and 2. functionally the same -- aside from the filenames of
> > the
> > object generated?
>
> Seems so.
> I guess it's just to have a different name.

Well, that's a bit of a mess. I've been wanting to get rid of the
HAIKU_BOOT_PLATFORM build variable for quite some time (there's simply no
reason why one shouldn't be able to build both haiku_loader and
pxe_haiku_loader with a single jam), but never got around to do it. The
introduction of other target architectures doesn't make it easier either,
now.

CU, Ingo