[haiku-depot-web] Re: User rating votes

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:21:22 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Am 04.09.2014 02:37, schrieb Andrew Lindesay:
On 4/09/14 9:59 am, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
But there is one thing missing, which I thought would be nice too:
Comment up and down votes. These are supposed to work like "helpful and
unhelpful" votes on Amazon, to make the most useful comments bubble up
to the top.

Another good thought and I don't see any trouble implementing that.
Regards timing, do you think that not having this short-term is going to
change how you implement your end at all?  If so, I'll add that to the
"TODO" list otherwise I'll try to get that done next.

There is absolutely no hurry in implementing that! I can also just disable the thumbs-up/down icons on the comments in HaikuDepot. Or make them pop up an alert about planned functionality, as they do just nothing right now.

I think for the moment, we should focus on anything that is preventing to make the web app more public. And I have still plenty of other catch up to play in HaikuDepot.

Best regards,
-Stephan