[haiku-depot-web] Re: Test server?

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 22:15:48 +1300

Hi Stephan;

A test / staging deployment might be a good idea at this point. I will put some thought into arranging a deployment build-product and some instructions. I'll see what I can do in the next week or two. I presume there is a deployment environment for the remainder of the Haiku web-systems already -- would you know anything about this?

The web interface is using the same API as the C/C++ application will so everything implemented so far is effectively API-accessible. I will also see if I can find some time to write-up a bit about this. You're quite right that the C/C++ side will need a JSON serializer and deserializer. There is also some REST API exposed where binary data is involved. Everything is transported over HTTP and uses 'Basic Authentication' where a user is required.

BTW; I just committed quite a few small re-factorings and tidy-ups.

cheers.

On 11/12/13 9:36 PM, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Hi guys, or mostly Andrew I guess,

what do you think about a test deployment of the web application to some
server somewhere? I am not sure what API could already be incorporated
into HaikuDepot, but maybe it would make things slightly easier to test
under "close to real" conditions? But first we need a JSON
implementation in Haiku, right (perhaps port + build-feature)?

Best regards,
-Stephan

--
Andrew Lindesay