[haiku-depot-web] Important; Emails on Existing Accounts

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:35:08 +1200

Hello;

I'm working on the LDAP interfacing material at the moment. Because the existing hash mechanic is unfortunately different from the LDAP mechanic, I can't use the same hash. :-(

Subsequently, when the new version is deployed, it is then going to be necessary for existing users to reset their passwords. The system has a facility for this now, but it relies on your having set an email address on your *existing* account.

So this email is to ask you to please set the email on your existing account in HDS so that you are then able to reset it later on. I will send out a reminder, but can you please do this short-term.

If you know of other people who have experimented with the system and who are not on this mailing list, please let them know as well.

Regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay