[haiku-depot-web] Re: Different Icon?

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:00:42 +1300

Hi;

Opening boxes ~can~ be dangerous! :-) Um wondering about something friendlier... will put some thought into it.

cheers.

On 9/12/13 10:47 PM, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Hi,

On 09.12.2013 10:19, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
I am wondering about a different icon for the H.D. application - and by
extension the web application.  Here is a sample of what I drew-up;

   http://www.silvereye.co.nz/tmp/haiku-depot-icon-candidate.png

What do you think of this?

That is actually quite nicely done. I am wondering if we could give a
somewhat friendlier and more welcoming impression, though. I wouldn't go
as far as the SoftwareValet icon with the "wrapped present" appearance.
But maybe the colors could be improved a little. The cutter knife
perhaps radiates "danger" a bit too much. :-)

--
Andrew Lindesay