[haiku-appserver] Re: enabling input_server with app_server

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:41:24 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Jérôme Duval wrote:
> i just committed this change:
> https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/haiku-commits/2005-April/000900.html
>
> There are instructions there for enabling input_server with app_server (with
> cursor comm). I tested with the windows test app (I even increased wait time,
> because app_server takes more than 1 sec to start, at least for me).
>
> I didn't find a way to not have absolute paths for input_server and view input
> device. Anyone, feel free to fix this :)
>
> As it seems Registrar isn't available when building with
> RUN_WITHOUT_APPSERVER=1, BMessageRunner is failing, this is why we can't
> use it atm

Sure you don't mean RUN_WITHOUT_REGISTRAR? At least then I would
understand that BMessageRunner doesn't work. BTW, AFAIK there is no reason
not to run our registrar under R5 (you just have to build and run
obos_registrar). Last time I tested it, it worked, that is.

> (BTW i had a problem with BEntry::GetParent() too).

Care to enter the problem in bugzilla?

CU, Ingo