[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r12953 - haiku/trunk/src/servers/app

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:19:20 +0200 CEST

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > +// NOTE: I added this here and it solves the invalid region
> > problem
> > +// for Windows that have been resized before they were shown. -
> > Stephan
> > +RebuildFullRegion();
> > +SendViewCoordUpdateMsg();
> > +
> > +   if (invalidate)
> >             GetRootLayer()->GoInvalidate(this, fFull);
> >  }
>       You should, under no circumstances call RebuildFullRegion() from
> another thread than RootLayer's one. I can guarantee this can have
> very
> ugly consequences. For example try moving a window while you show/
> hide
> another.

Okay, but how should it be done instead, then?

Also, if the app_server crashes, it's almost always in the layer code -
I don't see any obvious bugs in there, so it seems to be a locking
problem. Those bugs were already there before Stephan's changes. Can
you have a look at it when you're done with the clipping stuff?

Bye,
   Axel.