[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: utf-8 to wide-char failing

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:51:11 -0700

> The mail program I use ("mutt") is annoyingly replacing all UTF-8 codes
> in received mail with backslashed octal.  I've tracked this down to the
> mbrtowc call in its pager, which returns an error every time it hits UTF-8
> (and the pager substitutes the octal).

Pete,
Can you open a trac ticket on HaikuPorts for Mutt, so that we get it
rebuilt for Haiku?
Which build of Haiku are you using?  I'm trying to get everything out
of /boot/common/share and r1alpha4 should have it mostly cleaned out
now.
I seem to recall running into some issue with mbrtowc when rebuilding
the OptionalPackages.  It might have been that one didn't detect
something during configure, I forget what it was now, but after seeing
your email recalled having seen something that wasn't right with
mbrtowc.  It might have been the 'less' issue
(https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8993) or something else.  I should
have made a note of it at the time.  If you find figure out whats up
let us know as it may affect other things.  Maybe I ran into a warning
sayintg the it was already defined but the definitions didn't match?
-scottmc