[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Sum two or more audio signals to one signal utilizing the MediaKit

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:51:19 +0200

Hi,

Am 14.06.2012 16:09, schrieb Philippe Houdoin:
I need to sum two or more audio streams/signals to one audio stream/signal.
Is there a way to do this with the MediaKit API?

I guess summing audio samples is not the same as mixing them, right?
While we have a system audio mixer (and an experimental video one was
posted on haiku-development ML, IIRC), it should not be to hard to
implement a MediaNode doing that, with N inputs and one output.

That is exactly what the System Mixer is doing. And it can be used in applications. I mean you instantiate that node from the dormant nodes, connect the nodes you need to mix, and plug the output of your private system mixer to the global system mixer. There is an article on that, but I need to google for the link...

Best regards,
-Stephan