[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Porting old BeOS code to Haiku-OS

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 13:46:29 -0700

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Earl Pottinger <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> This is a repost of a message I sent to Haiku-Development.

> In the past if I got the source code I could make changes and get some
programs running again or steal out useful bits of code.

Earl,
You might consider putting your code up on Haiku Archives where we've
gathered many older BeOS programs that we could locate source code for and
get the author's OK to post.  It's also a good source for how (or how not
to) write code for Haiku.
For many of the programs on there we have written HaikuPorter recipes to
help automate creation of .hpkg files out of the resulting binaries.
https://github.com/HaikuArchives

-scottmc