[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Order of includes important?

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:58:03 +0100

-- Ingo Weinhold, on Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:13:43 +0100:
> The error message suggests that the parser thinks it is in a class
> context,
> i.e. something like this:
>
> class A {
> #include <OS.h>
> };

AARGL!
How can anyone be that blind?! Somehow a "s" found it's way to the very
top of the file, in front of the heading comment. Probably when
sloppily saving with Alt+S. I never looked that far up apparently...

Sorry for the noise.

> You might just have missed a closing brace in the header included
> before or
> something like that. In case of weird errors like this I usually
> recommend
> to have a look at the preprocessed source code. If Paladin gives you
> the
> gcc command line it executes, you can copy it into the terminal,
> replace
> the "-c" by "-E" and change the name of the output file (the one
> after
> "-o"). The preprocessed source is what the compiler actually sees
> after the
> preprocessor has resolved includes and #ifdefs, removed comments, and
> replaced macros. It contains marker lines (starting with "#") that
> give the
> original file and line number of the following lines. Just find the
> offending line in the preprocessed source and look backward for the
> cause
> of the problem. If it is indeed an unbalanced brace, your editor
> might help
> with the matching (at least Pe can).

And thanks for that tip, though I didn't have to resort to that black
magic. :)

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de