[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Know size of DrawString?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:34:24 +0100

On 15.11.2011 15:29, hey68 you wrote:
Thank you both - it's working nicely!  (Yes that 5.0 was for example
only, because I didn't remember about the baseline calculation issue -
so double thanks for catching that too!!).

I can also recommend checking the Haiku source code for questions like this. For example, it is very likely that BStringView contains all the code you would need for this. The source in the repository is organized according to the kits, so src/kits/interface/StringView.cpp is where this is located. You probably end up exploring additional related information that might save you some time. :-) And you don't have to check out the code, you can use the online source browser at dev.haiku-os.org.

Best regards,
-Stephan