[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: BMediaNodes communication with the extern world

  • From: Dario Casalinuovo <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:21:43 +0200

> In that case, you should definitely use the node's control port. Events

must only be inserted into the BMediaLooper's event queues as a result
> of control port messages. Otherwise its ControlLoop() will not know
> that new events were inserted and the events will be handled too late
> (or it will just remain sleeping altogether).
>
> To receive control port messages, you simply have to implement
> HandleMessage() for your node, cf. BeBook on BMediaNode::
> HandleMessage().

The plan was to create a function in the node which add the new event using
EventQueue(), the result should be the same as using the control port
though. I asked mostly to be sure that i wasn't violating any of the
media_kit rules....