[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Run semi-permanent power line to the sewing station

  • From: Robert Berger <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 16:26:37 -0400

The ceiling won't support that kind of weight.

If we build the loft we've been talking about, we can mount power strips on the
support posts supplied from above.

- Bob

On Jul 4, 2015, at 11:53 AM, Joachim Hall <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What if you mounted a retractable one like that on the ceiling so there is
never a cord run on the floor. I just have a feeling that if that was
mounted on the wall it would normally be left out just like a normal
extension cord.

On Jul 4, 2015 7:17 AM, "Jim" <Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think the best option would be a retractable cord reel. It could be
mounted on the wall between the man door and the garage door.

We move alot of big stuff through that area and can't have anything like a
extention cord laying on the floor because eventually it will be left on the
floor ans become a tripping hazard.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-30-ft-16-3-Heavy-Duty-Retractable-Reel-with-3-Outlets-HD-800/204379332?N=5yc1vZc5bl

Jim

Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 at 7:16 PM
From: "John Lewis" <oflameo2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hackpgh-discuss] Run semi-permanent power line to the sewing
station
I think it would be a good idea to run a semi-permanent power line to
the sewing station so people can use it without trying to run the power
line for it. I would have done it already but it is the hardest place to
run a line from becasue there is no wall to run along.