[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Hackerspace passport stamp

  • From: Douglas Philips <dgou@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 00:22:28 -0400
On 2011 Sep 22, at 11:36 AM, Matt Stultz wrote:
> I will measure the blocks on my hacker space passport tonight when I get home
> so we can get a size.

Cool.

So is there one hackerspace "in charge of" those, or can we make our own?
Perhaps the better question is, is there an Open Standard for Hackerspace
Passports? ( :-) tongue in cheek, but only half)
But more seriously, is there a hackerspace that'd be miff'd/piss'd if we did
our own passports?
I didn't really get a good look at yours to see. I assume it is Mitch's design?
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Passport

> I like the look of the keystone with the name but I do agree with Doug that
> it will continue the confusion. Maybe we can play with it.

Maybe put the date of our founding in the smaller space at the top? 2009 might
replace HACK nicely.

> I don't think other spaces have separate stamps but I have heard of 2 colors
> of ink, one for home and one for away.

Hmmm...

> Non of the ones we have seen have the date built in. We could always get one
> of those roll around date stamps and either build it into our stamp or just
> use two stamps.

Two stamps would be a start. I'd rather have something usable than get bogged
down in a rube goldberg/mouse-trap kind of thing and not be ready for MMFPgh.

-=D