[hackpgh-balloon] Re: Ideas for the next payload(s)...

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-balloon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:58:49 -0500

On 11/19/12 6:37 AM, Robert Berger wrote:
A UAV might be useful to drop test a parafoil payload.

Indeed! That would solve a lot of problems with being able to do local tests prior to launch. Won't solve the problem of how do you fly in the jet stream, but we'll have to grapple with that when it happens...

There is clearly a lot of overlap between the UAV and balloon projects.  We
should add balloon stuff to the UAV meetings

Well, there are other overlaps as well, such as flying balloon payloads in UAVs (such as cameras, transmitters, gas and temp sensors, etc.)... Both to test out the payloads, and as individual projects in their own right...

-=D