[hackpgh-balloon] Re: Adafruit GPS hardware

  • From: Doug Philips <dgou@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-balloon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:21:41 -0500

Thanks Bob!
The reason I asked Bob to post this was because of the interest expressed at the shop tonight when he was talking about this particular product. Briefly, it's a plug-n-play self contained GPS logger.
As per Bob's other email we used it on the launch Sunday.
According to the UAV discussion tonight, it can do updates at 10Hz which makes it very useful for quadcopters, planes, etc.

The adafruit order has been delayed waiting for parts to come into stock, so if you're interested in getting on the order (perhaps to get one of these modules), please fill out the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At9ILVt4u5BPdEJLcDhRTWduTU5KVl9RcFo5SlhiOEE

Leave the Discount? column blank because I have to actually use our hackerspace account in order to see what discount we'll get, and as you can see, the discounts are all over the map.

New plan is to order by Wednesday if the motor controller class kits are in.

-=Doug

On 11/12/12 10:48 PM, Robert Berger wrote:
This is the board we used on the balloon:

        https://www.adafruit.com/products/746

It is also available as a bare module:

        https://www.adafruit.com/products/790