hackfix-virusnews: Thousands infected as Sasser spreads

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackfix-virusnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 02:57:48 -0400

Thousands infected as Sasser spreads
May 4, 2004 - 9:15AM

The fast-spreading Sasser computer worm has infected
hundreds of thousands of PCs globally and the number
could soon rise sharply, a top computer security
official said today.

In Australia, Westpac Bank said it was hit by the
worm, and branches had to use pen and paper to allow
them to keep trading, an Australian newspaper
reported.

"If you take a normal Windows PC and connect to the
internet, you will be infected in 10 minutes (without
protection)," Mikko Hypponen, Anti-Virus Research
Director at Finnish data security firm F-Secure, told
Reuters.

Read more here:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/04/108343657
7026.html
Copyright =A9 2004. The Age Company Ltd

Additional information
http://cio-today.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id
=3D23916
=A9 Copyright 2000-2004 NewsFactor Network.

~*~*~*~*~
To unsubscribe from our list send an email
to hackfix-virusnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe.

For a complete list of email commands for our list send
an email to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of
"info hackfix-virusnews" without the quotes.
~*~*~*~*~