[guispeak] Re: running a schedule task

  • From: "TJ McElroy" <raider.59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:30:21 -0500

Hello Otis,
You could use the "at" command from the command line.

Information on the "at" command:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/at.mspx

More "at" help:
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=schedule+at+windows+command+example&num=10&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

Example:
to run a program named: YourProgram.exe
every day at 2:15 p.m.
type the following
at the Windows command prompt:

at 14:15 /every c:\YourProgram.exe

notes:
You must include the complete path to the program that you want to run.
If the program path includes spaces, or long file names
surround the path with "":
"c:\program files\YourProgram.exe"

at the command prompt type
at /?