[guispeak] Winnt.sif questions

  • From: "George Zeinoun" <g.zaynoun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:17:48 +0200

Hello friends.

I install windows xp always using a cd that I created and I integrated the winnt.sif file in the i386 folder and it is working fine. The line:
oempnpdrivers=
tells windows to copy drivers from the indicated directory to the hard drive to be used when needed.

My first question is, what command line should I include in this file to tell windows to copy the whole i386 and its subdirectories from the cd to c:\i386 during installation and make the sourcepath c:\i386 not the cd?

The command d:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons /unattend in the guirunonce section installs the recovery console in unattended mode. This is fine if the cd drive takes the letter d: in all machines. But this is not the case always, so my question is what shall I write instead of d: so that it invokes this recovery console installation from the cd regardless of the letter assignment of the cd drive on the assumption that the i386 folder is on the cd and not the hard drive?

Thanks, George.