[guispeak] Re: Ripping tracks from a CD

  • From: David hilbert Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:07:04 -0500

I personally love itunes.

On Jan 24, 2011, at 7:59 AM, gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx wrote:

Hi Ian,
Windows Media Player should be able to do the job for you.  You might want to
go into its options and change the recording format for ripped tracks from
Windows Media to MP3 if indeed that's what you want.  Victor Stream will
actually play unprotected WMA files, so you don't have to switch to MP3 format
if you don't want to.  I'll just mention that, in my personal opinion, there
are some issues with Victor Stream's playback of WMA files that annoy me--some
noise and distortion issues.  I keep hoping Humanware can address the issue,
but I'm not sure they're convinced it even is an issue.

You do have other options.  Gold Wave has a CD ripper.  See www.goldwave.com.
There's also the very popular open source CDex program specifically for ripping
tracks from CD's.  It lives at http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/.

Hope this helps,
Jerry

"Ian D. Nichols" <inich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/23/2011 04:19 PM
Please respond to
guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[guispeak] Ripping tracks from a CD

Hi,

6 months ago  I copied a CD onto my Victor Reader Stream, a process that
involved “ripping” (an ugly expression!) and changing them to .mp3 files.  That
was with Windows xp and JAWS 9.

A major crash 3 months ago forced me to get a new PC, Windows 7 and JAWS 12.

I can’t remember how I did it six months ago, and browsing through all the
programs on the new machine has jogged no memory cells.

Could some one please point me to a program, already on the PC or not, that
will enable me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Ian D. Nichols,
Toronto, Canada

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.