[guispeak] Re: Music Download Services and Accessibility with JAWS

  • From: "Jerry Weichbrodt" <gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUISPEAK List" <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:13:52 -0500

Many thanks to all who have made suggestions on this topic.  This probably
sounds totally counter to all that folks have said, but I think I'm going to
attempt to try the Napster Lite service.  I really don't want to sign up for
a monthly subscription, and Napster Lite looks to be very much pay-as-you-go
for just the songs or albums you choose to buy.  As well, they make a good
effort, I feel, to explain the services on their web site, and I appreciate
going into a service knowing something of how it should work.  I ran the
install program this morning and found the installation, at least, to be
quite speech-friendly.  I'm hoping to be able to put together a regular
audio CD of some favorite songs as a Christmas present.  The result should
be a nice personalized gift, and I hope to learn something along the way.

Cheers,
Jerry