[guidedogchat] Re: holidays

  • From: "Melanie Akpotu" <melaniemacneill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:43:18 -0000

I do the same, weigh the food into plastic bags. Then I stuff them inside the bowl to use up the space!

Mel.

-----Original Message----- From: J Kimbell
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:04 AM
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guidedogchat] Re: holidays

I've not been on holiday for very many years, have to look up what they even
are!! But I've done overnight stays and taken my dogs. I weigh their food
out in to individual plastic bags, supermarket carriers would do, or save
those small bags you can put loose veg in, and knot them when the amount of
food is in. then you can just shove them here and there in your bag. You
could buy a lightweight plastic bowl of the right size to take and it can
double as a water bowl too. that is, if you feed dry food as most of us do.
I always travel with a rucksack, and they have plenty of pockets to stuff
bags of dog food in. Ir you are going by car then you can just take a
separate ba for the dog grub!! I've just learnt to travel as light as I can
and have it down to a fine art now.
Julia

----- Original Message ----- From: "pam" <pamyoung80@xxxxxxxxx>