[guidedogchat] Re: Labs - Re: Re: Hi all,

  • From: Doug Parisian <eggmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:59:04 -0600

Julia, I hadn't heard about the need to be aggressive as a requirement for
Shepherds in Germany.  With our city streets and uncivilization in many
countries becoming more unsafe, perhaps a little secretive aggressiveness
could come in handy, especially for women's protection.

Doug: want a certain clear path when out with your dog, Substitute the word
"kill" for the command "forward.
.

              From: "Louise Johnson"
              To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

              Hi doug I understand that I only have met a Shepherd that I
would even consider using as a guide dog. This one was my best friends guide
dog and she was just one of the best Shepherds

              That I know. As a kid  our family had a shepherd for a very
short time our family had been broken into and my grandfather decided that
we neded a shepherd to stay out side and be a gard dog and he bit a
childfrom next door and it was gone the very next day.

              It left me as a 10 year old child scared of big dogs. Yes I
have grown out of it but big dogs do scare me sometimes.  From Louise and
Hawk