[guide.chat] welcome to scotland

  • From: "Kevin Burgin" <kevin.burgin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 22:12:43 +0100

Welcome To Scotland

After the the disaster at Lloyds, an underwriter fled London for his own safety.

He bought a bothey--a tiny  cottage--in the highlands.  His nearest neighbour
was 86 miles away and The nearest village was 186 miles away nearly.

And he is sat there one night, its pitch black, its raining sideways like it
does up there and there is a knock at the door.

"I wonder who could that be at this time of night," he thought.  Or words to
that effect.

He opened the door and there's the biggest Scotsman you've ever seen standing
there with the rain dripping off his eyebrows and he's got the knife down the
sock, he's wearing the sporon and the kilt and the fluffy thing and the feather
in the hat.

He said, "Hello laddy!"

The English lad says politely, "Hello."

"Your new to the glen?"  Said the Scotsman.

"Yes, yes, I am."

"Aye Well, to welcome you to the glen we're going to have a kayli."

Thank you very much.  "What's a kayli?"

The Scotsman said, "there'll be singing, there'll be dancing, there'll be
drinking and there'll be sex."

"I'll go and get changed."

"There's no need to bother laddy," said the Scotsman, "there'll just be the two
of us."