[guide.chat] Re: to David l bailey

  • From: "David L. Bailey" <baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:56:46 -0400

What am I like?  I am six feet 250 pounds heavy barrel chest, the remnant of
a more muscular build from youth.  I worked on farm with my dad from age 6
until he passed at age 12.  I then continued in school with bodybuilding and
martial arts.  I was very angry about losing my father.  I stayed angry with
God for 16 years.  No church, partying, drinking, carousing, and fighting
until somewhere around age 28.  I started going to church so I could date
someone and God worked the greatest miracle in my life.  I accepted Christ
and all of a sudden, I did not need to drink, cuss and carouse anymore.  I
also let go of my anger and suddenly did not go looking for trouble
everywhere I went.  Now, I may decide to participate in the martial arts
again, but it will not be like the blood baths of my youth.  I really did
not care whether I won or lost back then, I was just striking out in anger
at anybody that was kind enough to engage me in fisticuffs.  If I do
participate again it will be more sporting than the slugfests of my youth.
However, I may decide to just let it go and train on my treadmill and
stationary bike instead.  I still enjoy some woodworking with limited sight
and the help of wife to employ jigs, etc.  I am still an avid reader albeit
by talking books now.  I average one nonfiction book about every two weeks
and 1 fiction book per week.  I guess I am qualified to volunteer for the
service now as I go to bed late and wake up early.

Thank You,
David L. Bailey
baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx